Chef/Proprietor Robbie Burns is a local man who has honed his culinary skills over 15 years in some of Ireland’s finest establishments such as Fallon & Byrne, Mount Juliet and Bon Appetit. His menu is inspired by the seasons and the locally sourced ingredients that are abundant from both land and sea around North County Dublin.
At Essence, the primary objective is to exceed both our customers’ and our own expectations. We continually evolve and strive to improve upon what we have achieved to date.
We are committed to using the freshest quality ingredients and we believe that North County Dublin has some of the best farming land and producers in this country. We always try to source the majority of our fruit and vegetables locally. We also believe in sourcing our meat and fish from Ireland.
Some of the local growers and suppliers include:
- The In Season Farm – North Co. Dublin
- Iona Fruit farm – North Co. Dublin
- Ray Collier butchers – Howth
- Irish Piemontese – Co. Laois
- Doyle meats – North Dublin
- Fish & seafood – Wrights of Marino
- Clonanny Farm, Free range Pork – North Co. Dublin